Monday, January 7, 2008

The greatest designers of them all; Chip Foose!


Me and Chip looking at some of his renderings back in '97.

My name is Richard and I'm from Norway. I have been a big fan of the FOOSE for almost two decades now.
I met chip for the first time back in the early nineties. When he was working for Boyd Coddington at Hot Rods by Boyd. Actually I tried to meet him for the first time in '91 but that was when he and his wife was on a honeymoon. So me and a friend was looking at, if I not remember it wrong, Cadzilla that was pretty much done.
We where not allowed to take any photos of it because Hot Rod Magazine was to take the first shots... :-(


Me and some friends in Chips office at Hot Rods by Boyd '95.
I'm in white...


After finaly meeting Chip in 93 or 94 I was kind'a "hooked". I have been talking to designers like Thom Taylor (at his house in Laguna Hills, CA) and Steve Stanford (Met him at Pete Santinis place, Santini Paint and Body in Westminster, CA) but Chip was the best...
After this I have met him and talked with him several times. A friend of mine from Norway worked for Chip at Boyds place and at FOOSE design. So when I was visiting my friend Robin Hermansen I talked to Chip too offcourse.


Me and my friend Robin Hermansen outside HRbB '97

On this blogg I will try to put up pictures, both mine and others. And stories I find on the net. The Foose is loose...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada. Thanks for the attention, bye). Até mais.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

i tried to see ur franchise. i in India likes to customize frnds bikes n sum cars too. i think this is a great thing to do! i dont see it by f route of businees as there i keep no profit.just wat i want is their happiness.
i as a FOOSE fan want to start this workshop in India.
plz reply!
thank u!!
-sunny ahuja
-sunny_ahuja_101@yahoo.com